The College for Technical Education is proud to announce an overall graduation rate of 75% during FY 2015-2016. This statistic compares most favorably with the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. The three-year graduation rate for KCTCS students seeking associate degrees averaged 12.8%, according to the Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education’s most recently reported period (the 2012-13 academic year).
CTE attributes its remarkable 75% graduation rate to successful strategies such as these:
• A two-week cancellation period in which students who fail to demonstrate adherence to strict attendance standards are removed from enrollment with no financial obligation.
• A streamlined curriculum in which students intensively study only one course at a time; this approach eliminates the confusion of choosing from among competing course options (a source of overwhelm and frustration for many first-time students).
• A monthly stipend program that allows students to earn income based on their hours of attendance, which both encourages attendance and significantly reduces course failure.
Also in FY 2015-2016, CTE graduates posted an overall graduate job placement rate of 95%. Among the strategies utilized to attain such an impressive statistic are:
• Occupational Advisory Committees for each program, composed of professional experts who meet regularly to ensure that curriculums remain relevant.
• Hands-on teaching where students learn by doing, whenever possible.
• A dedicated group of Employment Consultants from Bluegrass Career Services who conduct regular job readiness classes and mock interviews, and assist with resume development and personalized help in obtaining employment.
The College for Technical Education provides training in six programs: Business Office Administration, Building Trades Technician, Early Childhood Education, Food and Hospitality Professional, Medical Assistant and Cosmetology. Please visit cte.edu.